Saturday, March 04, 2006

Music

Lately the sound I like is stonerrock/fuzzrock/garagerock. I grew up on punk and then grunge with a dose of classic rock and metal. Most of what I've been listening to lately can be found on Stonerrock.com. They offer a net station called K666.

First liked west coast punk bands like the Dead Kennedy's, Minutemen and Blackflag. Also dug the Canadian band NoMeansNo. SST, Alternative Tentacles and Amphetamine Reptile were the labels of my youth. Then I went for grunge (mostly SubPop stuff), though the more garage variety, of Mudhoney, Melvins and Tad. Now I'm listening to Lowrider, Mushroom River Band and Astroqueen from Sweden along with Nebula and Fu Manchu from the US [Small Stone, Meteor City & Southern Lord]. Lucky for me eMusic.com has the old and new labels I'm digging for way cheaper than other sites and no drm.

No comments: