Friday, January 18, 2008

Brave Captain

"Captain, there are doubts
regarding
your ability
to lead them
the men
lead them
there are doubts in your ability
there's too many blanks in your analogies"

fIREHOSE - Brave Captain video

Haven't listened to fIREHOSE in a while as I don't have the CD and haven't reached for the tape in years. Though I have been listening to the Minutemen as I have Double Nickels on CD. Resigned up for eMusic to get Sasquatch and the latest Red Giant CDs and saw both fIREHOSE and Minutemen stuff is now on there.

I remember seeing this video when I was a young skaterpunk of only 13 years (Think it was on 120 Minutes). I still listen to a lot of the stuff I was into then (Dead Kennedys (w/ Jello Only!), Black Flag, etc.) and still consider NoMeansNo my favorite band even after all these years. For some strange reason, this song and the Ragin' Full On album hit me more than any music has in a while (Probably due to not hearing it in forever unlike my almost daily doses of NMN). Basically compressed the last 21 years of my life into one song where I was reminded of everything even though I wasn't hanging onto a specific thought. And yet it still had a nice groove...or maybe it was just the corndogs.

Now I just have to wait until my downloads refill next month so I can nab me some Post-Mersh Minutemen.

No comments: